Friday, December 03, 2004

Its Friday

It is 10:45 on a Friday night...do you know where Jon Phipps is???
Thats right! At home writing a blog!
Well it's not like I didn't try tonight. In fact, most fellow geeks would be proud!
I went out to eat with some friends of mine, to a little place called Don Pablos...You might have heard of it? no? well thats ok. Anyway, there was this waitress you see, about 5'6" blonde hair, blue eyes, smelled of a mix of jasmine and sweet heaven...
I can say that I tried.
I really tried.
The conversation read like this; she said " Hey, you must be Jon?" (my friends had told her I was on the way there) I said "yes, yes I am! I don't think I have had the pleasure [of knowing your name]." ( yeah I know, cheese factor of like 80 but thats what I said) she smiled sweetly and replied with her name to which I came back with "beautiful name for an equally beautiful young lady" (cheese factor still climbing) she smiled and went on with her work. As the meal progressed I continued to talk to her occasionally, even noticing and commenting on her exquisite perfume. Strange that it was noticible over the mexican food, but she did talk for a bit and offered her wrist for me to smell. I thought all was lost when she actually said " yeah it's not really a perfume, its an oil...my body doesnt do well with perfume, but if I use a lot of oil it works pretty well." Long story short I was feeling pretty good until this smelly ass abercrombie and fitch frat boy reject saunters in and sits down at the table behind me. The next thing I know he is talking up the waitress and having good luck at it. Of course who am I to compete with a guy that manages to grunt out a whole sentence and chug a pint of pilsner in under a minute while forcing out said sentence.
Hell, I know I am no Brad Pitt, but I am no Clint Howard by any means. I am educated, have interesting hobbies, I even have a motorcycle. Unfortunately, for me I suppose I don't go thru the A&F catalog and pick out my preppy/grunge look. Nor do I have the "Look at me I can talk and drink at the same time!" ability. Instead I sit here writing a blog that falls on deaf ears... A cry of futility echoed everywhere...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back up off Clint Howard! Bastard.

Anonymous said...

Stop whining and post all of your admirable qualities (like the education, hobbies, and bike) on a tee shirt. then go to the mall, buy some hemp jewlery and a BIG belt buckle and go right back to Don Pablos! Dont be a PUSSY!