Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Heroes

Well as I said in the official try it again post I don't think I am going to talk about many deep topics this time around. One thing I would like to say though is that the NBC show HEROES is quite possibly one of the best on television. For about a season and a half now I have watched the show and had a slight tinge of disappointment after each episode. Nothing I can really explain, just the typical "TV is so contrived" feeling. On Monday night, however, my opinion changed dramatically! I think it is the first time I actually picked up on the fact that the entire show was shot as a live action comic book. Each scene frames the dramatic or important points in a still life portrait (or approximation thereof) reflecting a comic illustration. The dialogue, which at first seemed terse and one dimensional, is also written as if lifted from a speech bubble. Sub-titled scenes featuring Hiro and Ando have always thrown me off with the placement of the text, until I watched in the context of a comic.
So I know most readers will consider me a bit daft for not picking up on these points sooner, but honestly my thought processes just seem to flow along a different current. I think this "epiphany" has given me some insight into how I normally perceive the world, mainly by extracting the facts from a story and discarding "irrelevant" information such as style. This insight agrees with a personality test that I took a while back that labeled me as an introverted, intuitive, thinking, judgemental. Click to view my Personality Profile page
Maybe there is something to that whole Jung-Briggs-Myers thing after all. If anyone would like to take the time to take their own test I would love to see the results and discuss the accuracy. MyPersonality.info

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are really impressive ideas in regarding blogging.
You have touched some fastidious things here.
Any way keep up wrinting.
Take a look at my site ; how to make an app